At meeting of the Town Board of the Town of Watertown, held at the Town Offices located at 22867 County Route 67, Watertown, NY 13601, on January 12, 2023 at 7:00 p.m
Town of Watertown
22867 County Route 67
Watertown, NY 13601
Phone: (315) 782-8248
RESOLUTION AND ORDER OF THE TOWN BOARD OF THE TOWN OF WATERTOWN PURSUANT TO NY TOWN LAW §209-e
At meeting of the Town Board of the Town of Watertown, held at the Town Offices located at 22867 County Route 67, Watertown, NY 13601, on January 12, 2023 at 7:00 p.m., there were:
Joel R. Bartlett, Supervisor
David D. Prosser
Paul V. Desormo
WHEREAS, by Order of this Board dated September 8, 2022, a public hearing was scheduled to consider the formation of Northeast Water District (Water District No. 7) within the Town of Watertown, pursuant to a certain revised Map, Plan and Report filed with the Town Clerk and which is incorporated by reference; and
WHEREAS, the Order originally scheduling the public hearing was duly posted, uploaded to the Town’s website and published as required by law and on October 13, 2022 a public hearing was held to consider all persons interested in Northeast Water District (Water District No. 7); and
WHEREAS, the district Map, Plan and Report was thereafter altered and was accepted by the Town Board and which on December 8, 2022 set a public hearing by Order for December 29, 2022 @ 7:00 p.m. at the Town Offices; and
WHEREAS, A duly noticed Public Hearing was conducted on December 29, 2022 and held open through January 12, 2023 and which Public Hearing was closed on that date; and
WHEREAS, the Town Board proceeded with SEQR and performed its environmental review as lead agent and used a negative declaration on January 12, 2023; and
WHEREAS, the Town Board of the Town of Watertown has agreed to proceed with the formation of the Northeast Water District and to include all identified parcels in the Northeast Water District, and has asked the Engineer to ensure the Official Map, Plan and Report reflect the same; and
WHEREAS, the total project cost of $5,298,000 will be borne by Northeast Water District (Water District No. 7) and all work performed and all materials provided shall meet the Towns specifications and shall be inspected by Town personal and Town Engineers; and
WHEREAS, all appropriate infrastructure shall be conveyed to the Town with appropriate documents and easements; and
NOW THEREFORE, on motion duly made and seconded, this Board makes the following determinations, and
IT IS HEREBY RESOLVED AND ORDERED:
- The above recitations and Final Map, Plan and Engineering Report are incorporated herein.
- The original Notices of Public hearing were duly published and posted as required by law and are otherwise sufficient.
- The Water District shall include all the parcels identified in the Final Report and infrastructure shall be conveyed to the Town along with easements.
- All property and property owners to be benefited by the proposed Northeast Water District (Water District No. 7) are included within the limits of the proposed Water District.
- All of the property owners and all of the property located within the proposed extended District are benefited thereby.
- Both the formation of the Northeast Water District (Water District No. 7) pursuant to the revised Map, Plan and Report is/are on file in the office of the Town Clerk, and upon which the public hearing was held on December 29, 2022 and continued through January 12, 2023 and is in the public interest.
- The creation of the boundaries of the Northeast Water District (Water District No. 7) to include the all parcels as described in the Map, Plan and Report and providing for the service as described therein is hereby approved.
- The maximum amount which may be expended for the public improvements within the Water District is $5,298,000 and is proposed to be financed by the issuance of Municipal Bonds and grants for low-cost loans to be issued by New York State and/or U.S. Government.
- There shall be no individual cost for hook-up fees during construction of the Water Distribution Project, and the estimated costs to a typical property annually (one family home) is anticipated to be $868.00 per EDU.
This Resolution and Order is adopted as required by NY Town Law §209-e and is subject to a Permissive Referendum.
The foregoing Resolution was offered by Supervisor Bartlett, and seconded by Board Member Prosser, and upon roll call vote of the Board was duly adopted as follows:
Joel R. Bartlett, Supervisor YES
Paul V. Desormo ABSENT
David D. Prosser YES
Joanne McClusky ABSENT
Timothy McAtee YES
Dated: January 12, 2023
Pamela Desormo, Town Clerk